ULTRA | Wetting Agent + Pesticide
100% Natural Ingredients:
- Potassium Sunflowerate*
- Diatomaceous Earth (DE)**
- Activated Charcoal (AC)**
* Traditionally saponified sunflower seed oil
** 100% safe for humans
Directions for use:
- Shake gently if settled
- Mix 10ml to each litre of water for infestations
- Apply to pests and plants using a sprayer
- Ballagh Botanicals make a natural bio-surfactant - which coats plants evenly by breaking the surface tension of liquids.
- Prevents white-spotting
- Enhances the distribution and absorption of foliar feeds
- Retains moisture
How does it work to combat pests?
ULTRA Wetting Agent was developed and tested at Ballagh Micro Farm - this is our solution to pests, slugs and snails!
- an insecticide with no damage to pollinators;
- an organic bio-surfactant performing a 'sticking' function to adhere to pests and leaf surfaces
Why add Diatomaceous Earth?
- We add Food-grade DE because it is less than 2% crystalline silica and actually safe to eat. (TIP: avoid application within 3 days of food-crop harvest).
- Diatoms that make up DE have microscopic razor-sharp edges which cut through the insect's waxy outer layer during contact
- This allows moisture to escape from the insect's body.
- OUR method of application means it can be INSTANTLY effective and LONGER lasting
The benefits are multiplied with ULTRA Wetting Agent - a lethal combination for pests, but 100% safe for you and your food!
- Although DE is 100% safe, DE is traditionally hard to apply.
- Being a fine powder, it is harmful to lungs if inhaled often.
- In practice it also simply blows away in the wind! BUT when suspended in the Wetting Agent this prevents the risk of any inhalation, making it safe for all the family - and is more cost effective!
- We also have included Activated Charcoal (AC) for it's ability to draw out toxins
- Food-grade and inert - AC has multiple functions for soil health.
The organic nature of our wetting agent means it also acts as a microbe nutrient when utilised as part of a Natural Farming system.